Top 5 things to know before you start
Every home needs a long-lasting and leak-free roof, but the process of roof replacement or repair can be daunting. You need time to research what roofing material and color to choose, evaluate your budget, and to determine how to pay for the work.
Once you’re ready to move ahead, you need to make the most important choice of all: which contractor to hire.
Here are the top 5 things you need to know:
- Which company offers the best value? The lowest price isn’t always the best deal! Get multiple bids but don’t base your decision solely on price. A higher price isn’t about company profit. An established and reputable company — knowledgeable, experienced, properly licensed and insured, that works safely, reliably, and quickly — offers increased value.
- How are the reviews? Read customers’ reviews of the contractors you are considering. Pay attention to both positive and negative reviews and realize that not everyone is going to be happy with every job. What were the facts of the case? Ask your neighbors, friends, coworkers who they refer and why.
- Can you work together? Find a roofer who will educate you about your roofing needs and will help you make the right decision for your specific situation. Sometimes a roof is beyond repair, but sometimes it can last another season. Choose a reputable local roofer who discusses your options openly and honestly.
- What about insurance? Ensure your roofing contractor is fully insured with workers compensation and liability insurances. That minimizes liability to the homeowner in the event of injury or property damage.Ask to see a copy of their contractors insurance
- How community-minded are they? Is the contractor active in the local community and national industry-leading associations? Companies that care about their local and professional communities care about safety, environmental awareness , and the good of their community. A caring company is invested in making customers happy.
Your home is an investment. It can also be a family treasure, an expression of personal style, or home to your business. There is great value in being an informed consumer. Whether your interest be form or function, you have the power to protect your property.
Do your research, review a company's website, and ask lots of questions!
For 17 years Horch Roofing has been Maine’s reliable expert for roofing or gutter replacement and repairs. We serve the communities of coastal Maine from our offices in Warren and Westbrook. Whether you have a minor repair for our Dispatch Crew or have a roof fail in the middle of winter, we are the experts to handle this situation. Horch Roofing repairs and installs metal roofing, asphalt shingle roofing, EPDM rubber roofing, and seamless gutters for both residential and commercial roofing projects. Click here to fill out our online leak repair form https://horchroofing.com/leak-repair/ request a free estimate at https://horchroofing.com/ or call our experts at 207-273-1111.