Criteria and Spirit of the Scholarship:
Horch Roofing is offering two individual scholarships to a graduating high school senior who will attend a college/trade school or to a current college/trade school student who resides in the state of Maine. We believe it is important to encourage young men and women to study and find gainful employment within the trades. There are thousands of trade jobs that go untaken because there are not enough skilled laborers. We hope this scholarship will help the chosen individuals find competence, satisfaction, and enjoyment in the trades, ideally at Horch Roofing. The successful candidates should be resilient and eager learners; doers and thinkers!
A selection committee comprised of Horch Roofing's President, Chief Operating Officer, and Marketing Coordinator will review applications and select two candidates. We are looking for candidates with a proven passion for the trades and enthusiasm to pursue a career in skilled work. The chosen candidates will be informed of the committee's decision no later than June 10th.
Please submit your application on Horch Roofing's website by May 2nd, 2023.
- Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to two candidates selected by Horch Roofing.
- A $500 check will be awarded to each student upon evidence of enrollment and registration at an accredited post-secondary institution and an additional $500 check will be issued to the institution upon successful completion of the first semester. If currently enrolled at an institution, a $500 check will be awarded to the student upon evidence of enrollment and registration, an additional $500 check will be issued toward the subsequent regular semester of enrollment.
- A Carhartt Horch Roofing jacket embroidered with the recipient's name on it.
- Completed scholarship application.
- Letter of application addressed to the Scholarship Committee. The letter should contain a brief explanation of career goals and background information.
- A letter of recommendation from the student's high school teacher/college professor, administrator, coach, mentor or employer (current or prior).
- A complete high school/college transcript with cumulative grade point averages and a class standing/rank.
Begin Your Roofing Project
Click on the blog below to learn more
It may sound rude, but it's true! Here at Horch Roofing, we don't want to see you again. Don't worry, it's not you. It's us.
Every home needs a long-lasting and leak-free roof, but the process of roof replacement or repair can be daunting. You need time to research what roofing material and color to choose, evaluate your budget, and to determine how to pay for the work.
Many consumers believe that waiting to schedule their roof installation or repair during the "slow season" is the best way to ensure their project gets done quickly and affordably. Not true! With the recent housing boom and warmer winters, there are no "slow seasons", sales and installation crews are busy year round, and pricing is the same no matter the season!