The warranty included in your contract with Horch Roofing Inc. warrants against defects in workmanship for the
installed roofing system for a period of five (5) years from the substantial completion date of the roofing
installation. Consistent with the language of the Contract, if notified of a covered warranty claim, Horch Roofing
will make the necessary repairs to the roof system to restore its weather-tightness and to properly secure loose or
displaced roofing materials. This warranty does not cover all possible claims or concerns of the Owner, so the
following summary is offered as guidance for what to expect if you submit a claim:
Warranty Terms and Limitations
- The warranty covers the repair of the roofing system against leaks only, and any such repairs shall be subject to this warranty for the remaining balance of the original 5-year warranty period.
- The aesthetics of any materials installed are not considered part of the functionality of the roof and, therefore, are not included as part of the workmanship warranty. Variation in color, alignment and consistency of the surface is normal due to the nature of the products used, and the installation methods, and conditions that do not affect the function of the roofing are not considered warranty items.
- The warranty does not provide warranty coverage for any repair work performed on roofing systems that were not installed by Horch Roofing, or for work performed outside of the 5-year warranty period. Any repairs or modifications to the roof system made by others will void this warranty.
- If, upon inspection by Horch Roofing, a leak is determined to be caused by defects in workmanship, roofing system repair obligations shall arise in accordance with the terms of the contract. If the leaking occurs in another part of the building, and is not caused by the installation, Horch Roofing assumes no liability for additional repair work.
- Horch Roofing does not warrant against leaks or defects in connection with the following:
- Failure of the roofing system due to manufacturing defects that are covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Any warranty issues under this category will be subject to the manufacturer warranty of installed roofing systems.
- Deterioration due to the marine (saltwater) atmosphere or by regular spray of either salt or freshwater.
- Any roof failures covered under additional roof warranties purchased from Horch Roofing or roofing manufacturer.
- Exposure to corrosive chemicals or substances either contained, generated, or released from inside the building or neighboring properties. This includes condensation of chemicals inside of the building on the underside of the roof.
- Worker or other human foot traffic on the roof, or damage caused by ladders or other similar equipment, other than that caused by Horch Roofing.
- Hail, fire, lightning, hurricane, tornado, earthquakes, any acts of God, or damages from excessive high winds.
- Leaking due to standing water on the roof due to snow/ice, tree debris, lack of reasonable maintenance, or any other causes.
- Alterations such as, but not limited to, structures, fixtures, or utilities placed upon or attached to the roof without the prior written consent of Horch Roofing or any repairs not performed by Horch Roofing.
- Faulty building design or construction.
- Birds, vermin, rodents, insects, or other animals or pests.
- Settlement, failure, or cracking of the roof deck, walls, foundation of the building, or building structure.
- Any defects in materials or paint systems fall under the manufacturer's warranty of installed products and are not covered under this warranty.
- Any other cause beyond the control of Horch Roofing Inc.
Notice of Claims and General Provisions
Horch Roofing must be notified within 48 hours of the first signs of leaking. All claims must be submitted in writing to Horch Roofing within 30 days of discovery of leaks in the roofing system, or observation of loose or missing roofing components. Failure of the owner to provide notice and timely opportunity for Horch Roofing to inspect and complete warranty repairs, prior to any modifications by others, may relieve Horch Roofing of any and all responsibility and/or liability for further repairs. If, after inspection by Horch Roofing, it is determined that the leak is caused by workmanship in accordance with this warranty, the roofing system shall be repaired in accordance with the warranty. Such work will be completed within a reasonable period of time.
After notice of a potential warranty claim, Horch Roofing shall have reasonable access to the roof/property during regular business hours. The owner may request up to 24-hour notice before arrival (Horch Roofing will provide a date for repairs but cannot give a set time for work). Additional visits may be necessary to complete repairs.
The entire warranty made by Horch Roofing is contained within the contract between the parties. No modifications or amendments of the warranty shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Horch Roofing and the Owner. The terms, conditions, and provisions contained in the warranty may only be waived in writing by Horch Roofing. No oral statements shall be considered as a change to the warranty.
This warranty is transferable one time within the 5-year period, and only for such time as remains on the original warranty with the contracting Owner. To initiate the transfer, please complete the Warranty Transfer form available at horchroofing.com/warranty or by contacting our office.
Horch Roofing shall have no obligation under the terms of the warranty unless all invoices have been paid in full by or on behalf of the building Owner after final completion of the roofing installation.