Finding a roofing contractor you can trust with your roof replacement isn’t always easy. Here are 12 questions to ask roofing contractors to make the process easier and help you choose the best one for the job.
- May I have a copy of your contractors insurance?
Before hiring any roofing contractor, ensure that they are fully insured with workers compensation and liability. That minimizes risks to you should something go wrong.
- Do you have references that you can provide?
Whether you need a roof repair or a roof inspection, you want to know the person doing the work has the experience necessary to do the work. There is no better way to know this than to ask for references (and then call those references, too!)
- What is the estimating process?
If you need a new roof or a repair, our team will come to your home and provide a full roof inspection. This allows us to ensure we know exactly what your roofing needs are. We then write out a formal estimate based on the materials you need. You’ll always get a clear picture of costs in advance.
- Will my yard be a mess, and will you protect landscaping?
When working with our team, you can trust your yard will be properly cleaned and protected. If you’re hiring another company, it’s best to verify what steps they will take to ensure this.
- What warranties will be provided to me?
Every product should have a roof warranty. Ask about product warranties as well as workmanship warranties.
- What if construction repairs need to be made?
A roof inspection cannot pinpoint all risks for material repair needs. However, every project should have some expectation of these added costs.
- What are the safety measures you take?
Choose a contractor following all OSHA and roofing association requirements for roofing safety.
- What training does your crew have?
You’ll want to know the experience of the crew on the job, including how much hands-on training each person receives.
- Do I need a permit for a new roof, and if so, do you take care of that?
Ask about permits. Most cities require them. You don’t want to work with a roofing contractor that doesn’t get one.
- Will you replace my gutters at the same time?
You can get new gutters installed, but don’t assume the company will recognize this as a need.
- If there is an issue after installation, will you come back to do maintenance?
Be sure to ask about workmanship warranties and repair needs later on, especially if the problem is related to poor workmanship.
- What do you do with the old roof materials? Will I have to arrange for a dumpster?
The best companies ensure you don’t have to worry about any of these details.
Find the Answers You Need by Requesting a Free Estimate
Contact Horch Roofing today for a free estimate on a new roof or to get additional information about these or any other questions. Our team is always available to help you.