Standing seam metal roofing continues to grow in popularity. No longer just a good commercial and industrial roofing option, it is now being widely used in residential roof replacement and new home construction.
Standing seam metal roofing is more durable and lasts longer than traditional roofing materials. It is especially popular in areas that have long, cold, and wet winters.
A standing seam metal roof is constructed using side-by-side metal panels that are fastened together through interlocking panels. The panels are placed vertically from the roof’s ridge to the eave. The panels are raised above the flat surface of the roof to ensure that water runs off. Between the panels, the seams are connected with special fasteners, hence the name “standing seam” metal roofs. There are many advantages to use standing seam metal roofs.
- The roof ventilates easier with standing seam metal roofing.
- This roofing choice is more resistant to fire, wind, wet weather, and heavy snow or ice. They prevent ice dams from building up and are able to shed snow better.
- They are lightweight.
- They are 100% recyclable, unlike shingle roofs.
- They have a longer life than other roofing materials.
- They have a wide variety of material options, such as galvanized steel, aluminum, and copper.
- Standing seam metal roofing is more energy efficient and will help deflate heating and cooling bills.
Aside from the advantages of a standing seam metal roof, there are several options from which to choose.
- The field-locked standing seam comes in a wide array of colors and come installed with a special locking tool to provide better protection from expansion and contraction. This is a multi-climate option.
- The standing seam shingle panels are an innovative roof option that have a four-way interlocking system, and come in different lengths, for staggering purposes to create a custom look.
- Snap-lock standing seams securely lock into one another side by side. They come in ribbed, straight, and striated designs to add dimension and style to any roofing project.
Replacing a roof can be a costly endeavor and the damages that a poor or faulty roof can lead to a financial mess. When considering a new roof, for an existing building or new construction, the standing seam metal roof is a great option. It is cost effective and environmentally sound investment. At Horch Roofing, the professional roofers can assess, repair, or replace your roof with a standing seam metal roof that will keep you dry for many years to come.