The summer months are one of the most critical times of the year to keep your gutters clean and free-flowing.
The hot summer weather routinely brings thunderstorms, downpours, and gutters that are overflowing with debris. Proper gutter maintenance is important even in the dog days of summer in order to avoid leaks, water damage to your roof and trim and potential damage to your home’s foundation.
How Should You Maintain Your Gutters?
Properly caring for your roof is an important part of your home’s routine care. The problem is, unlike many other home-maintenance tasks that you need to manage, you shouldn’t do roof maintenance yourself. That’s because climbing on a ladder to clean out the gutters isn’t safe to tackle on your own. The better option is to have a professional handle it for you. Our maintenance team can help you with gutter cleaning and repair, so be sure to call us when you need assistance.
There Are Solutions Available
While you shouldn’t worry about cleaning them yourself, there are some things you can do to ensure your gutters are in the best condition possible. Here are some tips:
- Install gutter guards. Allow our team to help you with this installation process. Once on, leaves and debris can no longer collect in the gutters to cause problems for your roof or foundation.
- Talk to us about changing the gutter angle. If the gutters are unable to encourage water to flow freely, that could lead to backups.
- Get gutter and roof repair as soon as you notice a problem. If the gutters are worn out, have holes, or are no longer attached properly to the home, it’s time to replace them or repair them. Our team can help with that as well.
- Use a gutter cleaner. There are numerous products on the market that can help you clean the gutters from the ground. If there’s an immediate need for clearing debris from your gutter, choose this option over cleaning the gutters from a ladder.
- Make it a routine process. Instead of worrying about your gutters, schedule routine maintenance for them. Have a team from Horch Roofing inspect and clean your gutters at least once a year.
Don’t Want to Give Up the Weekend for the Gutters? Let Us Do It for You!
Horch Roofing has a full-service team capable of helping you with leak repairs, patching, gutter cleaning, and more. When you contact us, we can promptly schedule the maintenance services you need.
Horch Roofing is Midcoast Maine’s largest and most experienced roofing contractor. We provide metal roofing, asphalt shingle roofing, EPDM rubber roofing, and seamless gutters for both residential and commercial roofing projects. We also offer free roof estimates or job estimates. Horch Roofing has been roofing homes on the coast of Maine since 2003. We serve the communities of coastal Maine from our headquarters in Warren. You can call us at (207) 273-1111, visit us at 2414 Camden Road, or contact us online.